Features and How-To Guides for the Scripture Study Bible App
Spotlight features call out the three most important features of the app. How-to guides are available behind some of these pages, with more guides to come soon.
Spotlight Features and Helpful Guides
Capture your thoughts as you read the Bible daily to build on them from year to year. Use margin shading to help bring the structure of the passage to the fore, and text highlighting to draw the eye to recurring themes and words in a chapter. Backup your notes to the cloud using OneDrive or DropBox.
Compare the King James Version with other translations, side-by-side. Search for words, phrases and view Strong's dictionary definitions of the original Hebrew and Greek words (and in Daniel, a short Chaldean section).
Study the chronology of events described or prophesied in the Bible. Browse a 6,000 year Biblical timeline from Creation to the return of Jesus, and then beyond.
Visualise the journeys of faithful characters. Show a map of all places mentioned in a range of verses. Search for towns and villages.
Other Features and How-To Guides
- Works offline (doesn't need wifi) - useful for airports, flights, holiday locations with no internet access
- Add your own notes and store locally on your device or synchronize with OneDrive or DropBox (when internet connection is available)
- Use margin shading and phrase highlighting for structure and theme identification
- Create one note that references multiple verses to save time when linking verses together with the same thought.
- See Strong's numbering, Strong's definitions and perform easy or sophisticated searches
- Light and dark themes supported, and detects the accent colour of your Windows theme to blend in beautifully with your other apps.
- Bookmarks synchronized between all of your devices.
- Daily reading suggestions
- Read free from distractions and “religious” adornments
- Bible chronological study material included
- Compare to other versions: Young's Literal, Rotherham's Emphasized, Revised Version, American Standard, Basic English
- Hebrew and Greek included: Septuagint, Masoretic Text, Scrivener's, Stephanus, Westcott and Hort
- Includes Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge notes and references, Vine's, Hitchock's Dictionary and Nave's Topical Bible
- Designed for Microsoft Surface and Windows 11 (supports all of: touch, pen, mouse and keyboard)
- Customise it to work the way you want to.
You can also use the Feedback menu option to send requests to us for anything you feel would be useful and is missing, or maybe something that you wished worked differently. Help us to create the app that best suits you.